Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow -
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.
After a day of planning yesterday, we have hopes to visit a few places in Texas over the next few weeks. Sometimes our plans work, but they are mostly cast in jello. My ultimate destination is a secret for right now, but in time all will be revealed to the Captain.
- Sam Houston Jones State Park...boating and hiking
- A 105 mile scenic drive along the Louisiana coastal marshes
- Sea Rim State Park near Port Arthur
- A few days in Austin to take in some roadhouse music and see the bats
- The Riverwalk in San Antonio
West of the Pecos:
- The Judge Roy Bean place in Langtry
- Seminole Canyon State Park
- Mcdonald Observatory
- The Permian Basin Petroleum Museum
- Monahan Sandhills State Park- a strange flatland of sand dunes from the Permian period 280 million years ago that extends for several hundred miles
- Big Bend National Park
- Museum of the Big Bend
- Lonesome Dove?
- Las Cruces (Billy the Kid hair salon) & Organ Mountains hiking
It's that awkward time in the morning when Mrs. Phred is still sleeping. A lot of this stuff will be new for us...only a few repeats.
I have a deboned chicken stuffed with crawfish ready to go for dinner tonight.
We said goodbye to Betty and the other Cajuns during happy hour last night...
When Mrs. Phred awakens, I can say, "Let's roll".