Tuesday, 27 November 2012
While this is a recipe for stuffed peppers, it also results in a fortunate byproduct of about a gallon of excellent chile.
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 large can tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 can great northern beans
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 pounds ground beef
two medium onions, chopped
ten cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup cooked wild rice
4 peppers different colors
one jar medium picante sauce (mild or hot may be substituted).
1. Chop onions and garlic and brown in frying pan
2. Combine everything except ground beef and wild rice in a crock pot and cook on low for six hours.
3. Brown ground beef and cook rice.
4. Cute tops off the peppers and clean out the seeds
5. Combine about 1 cup ground beef, 1 cup wild rice and 1 cup crock pot sauce and stuff the mixture into peppers.
6. Cook stuffed peppers in oven at 350 F for one hour (serves four people).
7. The remaining crock pot sauce and ground beef should be combined and served as chili (cheddar cheese or sour cream is a good topping). Makes about two quarts.
Preparation time is about eight hours.
Posted by Unknown at 09:49
Saturday, 10 November 2012
Sometimes I live in the country
Sometimes I live in town
Sometimes I have a great notion
To jump into the river an' drown
Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight
Goodnight Irene, goodnight Irene
I'll see you in my dreams
Halloween has come and gone. We worked at our precinct this year handing out stuff for the Democratic party and volunteered to drive voters to early voting and on election day.
The stupid party fielded a really scary candidate.
I'm reading Ken Kesey again as you might have gathered by the title of this blog...never give an inch...
We have met some very attractive Florida scallops in recent days....
I made some stuffed peppers yesterday that were excellent. I used wild rice, leftover homemade spaghetti sauce and browned hamburger to stuff the multi-colored peppers and cooked them at 350 in the oven for an hour...juicy and delicious....sorry no pictures...
Posted by Unknown at 11:06