Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Phred's Stuffed Peppers
While this is a recipe for stuffed peppers, it also results in a fortunate byproduct of about a gallon of excellent chile.
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 large can tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 can great northern beans
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 pounds ground beef
two medium onions, chopped
ten cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup cooked wild rice
4 peppers different colors
one jar medium picante sauce (mild or hot may be substituted).
1. Chop onions and garlic and brown in frying pan
2. Combine everything except ground beef and wild rice in a crock pot and cook on low for six hours.
3. Brown ground beef and cook rice.
4. Cute tops off the peppers and clean out the seeds
5. Combine about 1 cup ground beef, 1 cup wild rice and 1 cup crock pot sauce and stuff the mixture into peppers.
6. Cook stuffed peppers in oven at 350 F for one hour (serves four people).
7. The remaining crock pot sauce and ground beef should be combined and served as chili (cheddar cheese or sour cream is a good topping). Makes about two quarts.
Preparation time is about eight hours.
Posted by Unknown at 09:49