Search This Blog

Monday 16 August 2010

Virtual Life

Watkins Glen, New York


I did a major backup this morning onto the detachable hard drive. I'm up to 40,000 two megabyte pictures and 2,000 MP3s, all neatly arranged in folders. Maybe this winter I'll scan in some of the pictures in storage from our earlier life before we went virtual. I'd also like to break out the wine making gear and make a few batches of Savignon Blanc or maybe Seyval Blanc this winter....


I'm really hoping to be able to scan in my brain before it deteriorates too badly and live on forever in a virtual wonderland. Maybe as an interim step we'll ditch all our possessions except a sleeping bag, the bicycles, the laptop, an IPad and the digital camera...


Another blueberry pie is in the oven. When it's done we should be able to get in a couple of sets of tennis before the rains come again. I had to get under the RV and reattach the muffler and exhaust pipe again. I think it'll hold this time.


Our oldest grandson sent just pictures from his trip to Haiti, He was digging septic tank holes and pouring concrete...


Next stops: Niagara Falls, Toronto, Chicago, St Louis, Arkansas, North Carolina, Key West.










1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have a plan....i am curious as to where you stay in chicago? sil

    ReplyDelete