Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Budapest

Today we walked out to Hero's Square and the Zoo. I ride the old wooden roller coaster twice. Mrs. Phred is satisfied with one time.

Love me two times, babe
'Cause I'm goin' away
Love me two time, girl
One for tomorrow
One just for today
-The Doors


Everywhere we walk I'm imagining soviet tanks rolling down the street.


But the music and goulash soup is very good.


 The opera house..


 This statue of Franz Listz has very long fingers. I consider him to be the 2nd greatest virtuoso piano player of all the. The greatest is, of course, currently living as a semi-recluse in Chiang Mai, Thailand.


 Buda castle across the river on the hill.


 I forget what this is...


 More castle


 Mrs. Phred in Hero's square...a fitting backdrop for an aging Civil Rights freedom fighter.


 City park and swimming hole...setting up for summer...


 Ivy.


 We bought our tickets home this week...can't wait to get on the road with the RV...


Duck pate with green pea paste, raisins and fava beans.


Gizzard salad.



Sort of meatloaf flavored potato soup with little rabbit burgers.


 Mrs. Phred orders a pig knuckle.


No comments:

Post a Comment