Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

glacier

 Valdez, Alaska

 After the incident with the Romulan spy Selok in 2357, Commander William T. Riker stated: "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you."


I think that Commander Riker was trying to explain something about the bipolar nature of life...sometimes it's just ok, sometimes it's really great....I went fishing for pink salmon at Allison Point but the salmon weren't running yet..however we did get some seagull and eagle pictures....


We saw a little bear and a bunch of bald eagles in Valdez.


Yesterday we drove 30 miles to the summit so I could race down to sea level...


Unfortunately, the process of removing my front tire to get it into the back of the CRV broke the bicycle front brake...


I'm ashamed to admit that I wimped out and elected not to make the steep downhill run with only a rear brake....when I was 16 my motorcycle had no brakes and I dragged my heels to stop...how our values and risk tolerances change as we age.....


So for fun  I dug out the 2007 Pics of our Kayak trip to the Columbia Glacier ice field near Valdez....


We saw an Orca....


Mrs. Phred (white hat) is dressed to go kayaking....


The water is cold...


What a memory...'


The ice is blue....




Fireweed 400 bicycle race....


The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment