Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 November 2008

The High Seas

John's Pass, Florida

We drive to Johns Pass and book a 39 hour fishing trip on the Friendly Fisherman. We leave Friday at 3 PM and return Sunday morning at 6 AM.



That's two full nights and a day with the stars wheeling about on the horizon. I buy the meal plan, 3 dozen pinfish and rent tackle.



I hope for some gray snapper and a grouper or two. Red snapper are highly protected and need to have a length of 31 inches to retain. For lunch I have bacon-wrapped shrimp. This sounds better than it tastes. Live and learn.



We have to cross the new Skyway bridge. The old one fell in when a freighter hit it in the early 80s. The toll is still $1. A bus and a bunch of cars went off the broken bridge in a blinding rainstorm.


2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars gympie
    cash for cars rockhampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    car removal sydney
    car buyer sydney

    ReplyDelete