Search This Blog

Monday 10 November 2008

Hunkered Down for Winter

Sarasota, Florida

We're parked in our winter home in Sarasota. We'll be here until April 1st and then resume our journey.



Ann and Andy arrived a couple of days ago. They want to trap the raccoon. I leave little gifts of apples and other things for him to find. Andy gets my current copy of "The Last Ship". I just reread it for the 4th time. It's a brilliant story, fulgently written in the style of "Moby Dick" with many words that send me to the dictionary.



We've cancelled our April cruise to Europe. We've decided we want to get on the road with the new Blue Bus more than we wanted to cruise the Atlantic.



We recovered a few things from storage. There's a place in the basement for a 3rd high-def TV so one can watch tennis programs outdoors. I brought back a TV from storage, but forgot the power supply. We recovered a lamp and some lawn furniture for the long pause.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, many thanks for the calendar, Bob! The photos are beautiful, and it will be holding court in my house all next year.

    Thanks for sending it and best of luck over the winter.

    Colm

    ReplyDelete