Search This Blog

Monday 29 July 2013

Homer, Alaska

Junk is Beautiful

After Ninilchik we go back to the Homer Spit for three more days of Halibut fishing.

Homer is maybe my favorite place in the world.

In the mornings before the afternoon halibut trips I walk about 2.5 miles down the narrow spit toward Homer and find a really photogenic collection of junk boats and recreational vehicles.


Someone has taken the trouble to collect flotsam and jetsam and arrange it into a form of primitive high art...


Or maybe I just like the look of junk?

I'm having a hard time remembering where we have been and what we have done on this long strange trip....


Memory degradation is subject to many natural processes: stroke, amnesia and Alzheimer's. Then there are the self interventions: drugs, alcohol and suicide....


I keep a blog so I can remember who I am...


I blog...therefore I am...

This is not my beautiful house....




No comments:

Post a Comment