Search This Blog

Sunday 31 October 2010

Halloween in Sarasota

Sarasota, Florida

Mrs. Phred has been preparing for the costume party all week. She's going as a 1920's flapper complete with foot-long cigarette holder, pink boa and long pink gloves (none of these shown below).


I've invited several couples over to the RV to try out my new Red Snapper recipe. It seems to be hit and miss for some reason, ranging from excellent to just OK. Basically you fry the snapper in 3 ounces of olive oil, 3 ounces of butter and the juice of a lemon. You serve the fish with a garnish of chopped parsley and sliced toasted almonds and salt and pepper to taste.

I think the variability had to do with cooking time. No more for this recipe...I have a Tuscan recipe that's foolproof...I'll be going out into the middle grounds again for more snapper Friday...



My salad cannot go wrong. Make a bed of baby spinach leaves and arrange cherry tomatoes, mandarin oranges, raisins, pine nuts and goat cheese...serve with raspberry balsamic vinegar...yum! I stole this from a restaurant in l'Orange in France...Say what you will about the French...they know how to eat...and cook...




3 comments: