Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Snowflakes and Leonard Cohen

Wake Forest, North Carolina

It's one AM. I can't sleep. The snow is making a quiet, white blanket over everything.



I stand on the back porch and stick out my tongue to catch snowflakes in the dark. Did I get two exactly alike? They tasted the same.

My work here should be finished in two or three days.

The Silver Meteor pulls out of Raleigh every day at 8:34 in the evening. I hope to meet a few degenerate gamblers in the club car. Put on the coffee pot, Mrs. Phred. I'm coming home. Look out for the northern headlights of a southbound train.



When the train left the station, there were two lights on behind: the redlight was my baby and the bluelight was my mind.

Back on the inside, Leonard Cohen has a special going on public TV. Dance me to the end of love. He's wearing a hat. I wonder how I wold look in a dark suit and hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment