Search This Blog

Friday 19 June 2009

Trout Fishing in America (part 1)

Lake Sabrina, California

Our next door neighbors are Steve and Carol. Steve gives me some pointers about bait and tackle. Steve worked in the movie industry for a long time. Now he flies small airplanes and grows almonds and walnuts.

We run into Steve and Carol fishing up at Lake Sabrina. Both the Carols retreat to the small lodge to talk and drink wine. I catch a nice size trout immediately, but that's it for the day.


Today Mrs. Phred and I will rent a small boat and try again. This time I will remember to bring a knife and my camera. You need a knife to cut line and retie your rig.

Steve fished all day and ended up with a nice stringer of fish. He gave us some of his fish for dinner. We share some Sam Adam's beers and conversation in the evening.

The two bicyclists we met in the Texas desert have now reached San Diego. I get a comment from Susan (Guy's wife, Redding's mother) asking for pictures. I sent her six pictures by e-mail.




1 comment:

  1. hey bob,
    i could tell you about the
    friction between the catholics
    and the masons.

    steve--next door

    ReplyDelete