Search This Blog

Sunday 28 June 2009

Attack of the Killer Chipmunks

June Lake, California

I'm feeding the chipmunks in our campsite bread and apple pieces. They scold each other, competing for the food supply. I get bored with the pictures of chipmunks and go back to reading my book. Suddenly, three of them run over my feet chasing each other. I scream and yell, "Holy #$%!" convinced that I'm being targeted by small crazed blood-sucking rabid rodents.

I fall out of the lawn chair. That's all right. Jimmy Carter made the news when he pounded a swimming rabbit with an oar, thinking he was under attack.

We find a place for lunch along a high stream in a Yosemite meadow.

Here are our friends, George and Danielle, with Mrs. Phred.

I think this is Tioga Lake, at about 9,500 feet. We visited a lot of lakes this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment