Search This Blog

Friday 6 April 2018

Off to See the Lizard with Gordon and Ken

Aboard Blackbeard's Dive Boat



I talked Ken and Gordon into flying down to Nassau to spend a week on the Morning Star. Here they are eating cracked conch at the Poop Deck.


At dawn, on the day after we arrive, I take a walk by myself and see the local fishermen set up for business...


Our bunks are in the main cabin with a galley...one bad thing is that I put on ten pounds...now I have to lose them again....but the food was great and the rum was free...


Fruit for the week in a hammock..help yourself...


I think these railings are called lifelines? Maybe not....anyway they are mostly full of towels and dive gear....


The water temperature was 78 -80 F. I wore my two millimeter shorty wetsuit...it was plenty...the air temperature was about the same....it was the first week in December...


We did 18 dives including night dives, shark dives, wall dives, wreck dives, drift dives and just plain pretty reef dives...


I think I have the bends...my old motorcycle injury shoulder is really hurting....the shoulder is the most common joint to manifest the bends....maybe I'll stop laughing at the kids with the dive computers and get one myself? Real men have dive computers too?


Time to dive....


There goes Gordon...


Hey Gordon...hold this trident while I take your picture....


Ken is more enthusiastic about the trident...


Gordon checks his gear...


Sunrise? Sunset?



Sailboat...


Another sunset...


Bob with the trident...


Bahamas Blue


The.Morning Star...Carol and I dove from this boat in the 80s and 90s...


Endangered Bahama Iguana...
Bahama... Iguana...Madonna
Bahama ...Iguana...Madonna....Nirvana
Bahama ...Iguana...Madonna....Nirvana...Piranha



Gordon gives a grape...Why am I thinking of Gordon Gekko quotes as I snap the picture?
"If you need a friend, get a dog." or "if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!"


Want a grape? Some guy cooked one of these endangered iguanas and put it on Facebook. They extradited him and put him in a Bahamian prison....If I had Facebook, I would put all the stupid things I do on it instead of here ...


Finally! They put up the Bimini the last day....


May I take your picture, officer? Eventually, Gordon and I find the Cuba Tour Company and talk to the tour lady about Havana....High season for Cuba is December...


Daphne's on the Dock....we get Conch fritters and Junkaroo Kalik beer...."We're rushin', we're rushin', we're rushin through the crowd ... K-k-kalik, k-k-kalik, k-k-kaliking k-k-kalik, k-k-kalik, k-k-kalik, k-k-kalik, yeah."



Gordon and Ken at Daphne's...



Good companions....


No comments:

Post a Comment