Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 April 2018

The VFW

I walk down to the to the VFW and back some days to attend the AA meetings. The meetings are called The Oasis which is counter-intuitive since you go to an oasis to get a drink. Two more days and I'll get my 30 day chip.


Instead of a fly decal on the urinals for a target, the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars)  has pictures of Jane Fonda....I'm working on a PTSD legend because Florida now has medical marijuana.


The walk is 4.9 miles each way, but my Apple health App only logs 4.1 miles. A little research tells me I need to reset my height from 5'4" to 6'0" to get a more accurate estimated stride length on the App. Lot's of demonstrations in Sarasota this year...some signs are funny...


We're getting on a boat Sunday for a 19 day cruise over to Copenhagen. From there we take a ferry to Poland for three weeks of wandering around. I'll miss out on the Polish vodka, I guess.Probably Mrs Phred will get her nails done before the cruise.


I've lost 20 pounds the last two months on a 1,000 calorie a day diet. Probably won't get my monies worth on the cruise food. 23 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment