Search This Blog

Sunday 23 June 2013

Flathead Lake, Montana

Eventually this will be a blog about Flathead Lake, Montana.....right now I'm off to buy some lemon zest...


Last night was Saturday. They had live music at the Raven on the shore of Flathead Lake. We met an interesting young man who was very drunk. He was in the Montana National Guard and just back from Afghanistan.



He was also a big fan of Pink Floyd and Hunter S. Thompson. He told us we we suckers for paying him to be in the guard although it seems to me that if the government mobilizes you every few years to go to a shit hole like Iraq or Afghanistan, you are probably earning your pay....Anyway, we thanked each other for our service and I bought him a couple of shots...he showed me his two daughters on his smart phone and it made me remember carrying pictures in my wallet and using pay phones....What an complex and nice young man...some Americans can be interesting....


As the evening progressed, I switched from bourbon and coke to straight shots of tequila....We have decided to slide over to Spokane and then head up into British Columbia and the Yukon Territories to Hyder, Skagway and then Valdez...we want to be in Alaska before the salmon start running...



Ha...lemon zest is just grated lemon peel....



No comments:

Post a Comment