Search This Blog

Thursday 7 March 2013

Choo-Choo Mama



My new Walkman holds 16 gigs of songs. I've got over 500 MP3 songs on it set play in random order. It's a big improvement over  my first one with the cassette tape.

This morning I was randomly listening to "Choo-Choo Mama" by Alvin Lee when it came around on the new Walkman.... He was my favorite guitar player. He was only a kid, compared to me, born in 1944, another war baby. I really liked his Woodstock performance ("I want to Change the World")  and the "Ten Years After" vinyl...and then "Slow Blues in C" was always good listening...I say "was" because he died of natural causes today...

There is a rapidly growing and depressing list of people I've outlived...when it's your time, you got to go...and you go empty-handed...

The two horses on my daily five mile walk have grown conditioned to expect an apple a day...they still slobber green spittle all over my hand, but now they race each other to the fence when I come walking down the road...it's really nice to still matter...

I've dropped from 236 pounds to 211 since I started counting calories in December. My normal clothes weigh 6 pounds and 3 ounces (jeans, t-shirt, wallet, socks, belt, watch, glasses, underpants, sneakers, but no hat, no coat) , so I can weigh-in on a good medical-type scale and then make a learned adjustment.

Mrs. Phred and I are heading for Portugal and Turkey on April 15th. We'll be taking the trains there for travel if they are running well with no strikes  and seeing the sights for about 40 days before heading rapidly north to Alaska in the RV for the Sockeye and Chinook salmon season....

I be blogging then...so until we meet again...HOSCAKAL!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great trip...wonder if you will be going thru arizona as you high tale it to Alaska...SIL

    ReplyDelete