Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Rain in Spain

Falls Mainly in the Plain


I got up early this morning and cashed in all my frequent flyer points for two tickets to Madrid for a three week vacation in April.

Vacation from what? You may well ask...I have no answer.

We've been hitting Europe for 3 or 4 weeks every other year for the last 20 years. On one trip we dipped down into Spain to see the running of the bulls, but haven't seen much of it...what we saw, we liked.

I think I'll buy a cashier's check today for the estimated cost of the vacation. The euro has been bouncing between $1.57 and $1.24 for the last six months. No telling what it will be in April, but it's running $1.40 today. I can live with that.

Someone gave me a copy of "Spanish for Dummies" a couple of months ago. Time to bone up on my High School Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment