Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 December 2008

A 42nd Anniversary


Miami...Christmas Eve 1966...the only day the Rabbi had open... I'm starting to think it might last... I drained the pure red wine in the silvershining cup and handed it to Mrs. Phred. Nobody briefed me that it was customary to save a sip for her and for the Rabbi...I thought there would be refills...the first of many errors.

A Poem by Cactuscafe

I wonder will you write to me
from cities in the rain?
where gargoyles leer from rooftops
with their mimicry of pain .............




and can I sense the future
through these arcs of crystal light ?
and can we pay our entrance
to the theatre of delight?




I dreamed I charmed the poison-snake
I hope you found my smile
and did we write our midnight hymns
and was the risk worthwhile ?

And should I drink this pure red wine
From silvershining cup?
and will this sleeping mystery
eventually wake up?

I wonder if the spangled clown
hears laughter while he cries?
perhaps we'll kiss at carnivals
with painted lips and eyes



And will I find my story
in the lines upon my hand?
or is it in astrology
or towers made from sand?



Let's hope we find our homeland
in the maps of inside-out
may love protect our wanderings
through shadowlands and doubt






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary. What a great time of the year! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, many happy returns, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it was a good one... love the photos....jil

    ReplyDelete