Fire Cloud...
An irregular marking on the exterior of Native American pottery: usually resulting from burning fuel coming in direct contact with the vessel during firing

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Why You Should Avoid Sushi

In a recent study done in Chicago, 100% of the sushi sold as tuna was actually some other fish.


84% of sushi fish samples labeled "white tuna" were actually escolar, a fish that can cause prolonged, uncontrollable, oily anal leakage. Escolar or butterfish is delicious, but is also the ex-lax of the fish family.


Escolar is a type of snake mackerel that cannot metabolise the wax esters naturally found in its diet. These esters are called gempylotoxin, and are very similar to castor or mineral oil. This is what gives the flesh of escolar its delicious oily texture.


As a result, when full portions of escolar are consumed, these wax esters cause gastrointestinal symptoms. Consumption of escolar causes explosive, oily, orange diarrhoea which may be difficult to control while, for example, passing gas in an elevator.


Mrs. Phred lost a tennis shoe when she was washed overboard on a raft trip this June. She lost the right shoe. Today she showed me the left shoe and asked if I thought she should keep it. I told her that I thought she should keep it in case a future foot amputation, but that she should hope that they did not cut off her left foot because then the shoe would be obviously worthless.


 We passed 50 years together a few days ago. I met her at a cast party in Tallahassee. The play was "A Man For All Seasons". This was about Sir Thomas More and his silence with regard to the legitimacy of Henry the VIII's plan to divorce his wife in the hope of siring a male heir. There were other characters like Cardinal Wolsley and Cromwell, but the important thing was that I got to intersect with Mrs. Phred after the play....


Speaking of anal discharges, one of the funniest You Tube videos I've seen recently is a man called "water butt" who lives in Orlando. These are the people who prevailed in the last four presidential elections. I laid in bed last night shaking my belly with silent laughter as I visualised "water butt".


Today I packed all my dive gear in a small carry-on by eliminating my BCD...I can rent a BCD for $50 for the week on Blackbeard's Cruises...that's exactly what checking a bag both ways would cost on Jet Blue and I don't have to wait for luggage. The water temp will be about 80F in Early November in the Bahamas. We will do 26 dives (wall dives, shark dives, night dives).  Today I saw some cool masks that mount GoPro videocams, but at my advanced age I don't think spending another $600 on more dive gear makes that much sense. My old stuff from 1980 still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment