Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2016

As American as Apple Pie

Sarasota, Florida

Can you bake an apple pie, Bobby boy, Bobby boy?
Can you bake an apple pie charming Bobby?



We're back in the Condo in Sarasota. The RV is in the shop due to the accident on US 15 up in Pennsylvania. A concrete construction barrier jumped out and scraped five of our basement doors and tore up our hot water heater. Hopefully it will be fixed when we are due to move back to Sun & Fun in November.



I'm amusing myself today with a crock pot dinner and a home made apple pie. To be completely honest I bought the crusts in the frozen section of the grocery store. Beside the crusts I used the following ingredients, mixed together in a big bowl:

6
cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
3/4
cup sugar
2
tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4
teaspoon salt
1/8
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1
tablespoon lemon juice


On my morning walk in Benderson Park, I ran into a 5K Zombie race. The kids run the path with red ribbons tucked into shorts and the zombies try to grab the ribbons.


This zombie appears to be munching on a severed leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment