Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2016

Firecloud Update

Sarasota, Florida

The weather here has turned cold. It won't be more than 69 F today, with wind and rain tomorrow and a high of only 74 F. We've been taking in the movies (Hateful Eight and The Revenant...both interesting).


We did make it up North to spend Christmas with the seven grandchildren. Always a delight.



I had another surgery for my head and neck cancer today. Have a big stupid looking bandage on the left side of my head. No tennis, walking or swimming for awhile. I've been doing almost daily seven-mile walks and a half hour swimming with my clunky ancient fins every day in the new indoor pool.


For convenience, I number the grandchildren #1 though #7 in order of birth.A couple of years ago we took #1 and #2 on a driving tour of England, Ireland and Scotland.This year we are taking #3 and #4 to Barcelona for a week and then on a cruise around the Mediterranean. Grandchild #4 is a soccer enthusiast. He's excited about the tickets I have for a Sunday game with the Barcelona team.


I've booked private tours of Rome, Pisa and Florence with our own Mercedes,driver and guide. The cost is a fifth of what the cruise line wants to load us on a cattle bus. I need to buy advance tickets for the Vatican and Colosseum to keep from standing in line. Still planning, but maybe a bullet train day trip to Madrid and certainly Easter in Palma de Mallorca.


Need to get back to work taking pictures and writing blogs...my public grows restless.


No comments:

Post a Comment