Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Leaf Peeping


Vermont in the Fall

It's been a very warm summer and fall. The leaves on the trees seem a little confused but it's always spectacular in New England around Columbus Day.

Somehow this picture of Cayuga lake in the town of Geneva ended up in the Vermont folder.


We spent two nights in this Bed and Breakfast in Wilmington, Vermont. There seem to be Wilmingtons in every state we drive though...what's up with that?


The first town we hit in Vermont is Bennington. Mrs. Phred came here years ago for Bennett's wedding. Ethan Allen had a home next to this graveyard.


The creek running though Wilmington. Lot's of ski lifts and hiking trails nearby.


Robert Frost is buried in Bennington.


Another graveyard shot.


The Wilmington Inn and Tavern....they had a bar but the bartender wasn't around much. We found a little pub that had cod...also a high tech jukebox...I played "do you feel like I  do?' by Frampton and "Give me all your loving" by ZZ Top.



"Well, woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.
Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?
Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been.
Come on, let's do it again."
-Peter Frampton, 1973


Goodbye Vermont...Hello George Washington Bridge.

We'll be at the Key West Fantasy Fest this weekend...more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment