Search This Blog

Friday 25 April 2014

Barcelona #5

 

When they evaluate the competence of older people, they always ask if you have fallen in the last year. Today I hit the pavement in the middle of a busy street and broke my camera and scraped a silver dollar size patch of skin off my hand. It's nine hours later and it's still oozing blood.


They put a little black bump in the street about eight inches high to keep cars from changing lanes...I was looking at traffic and not looking down. Fortunately the USAF trained me well on falling and not breaking anything so the tuck and roll is pretty instinctive.


This picture is left over from Good Friday in Alicante. I've switched completely to Iphone Pix now that my fat camera is trashed.


Carol took this shot of the Sagrada Familia on her Iphone..


We met some of the local inhabitants and shared some tapas with them.


 The back side of the big gothic cathedral.


The Palau de la Música Catalana (Palace of Catalan Music) is a concert hall in Barcelona, Spain. Designed in the Catalan modernista style by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner, it was built between 1905 and 1908....


 Montaner was a contemporary of Gaudi and competed with him in a style which is called Art Noveau in some countries and modernista in Barcelona. At the time he was more famous than Gaudi...



 We take the tour of the music palace and I wonder if Bennett Lerner has performed here? Aaron Copland was here for sure...


 Anyway...it's an impressive place and it's been finished 104 years...



No comments:

Post a Comment