Search This Blog

Thursday 14 November 2013

March or Die

Sarasota, Florida

So...I've been doing these 12 mile walks to the Lido beach. Usually I'm so hungry when I get back that I put on two or three  pounds...The water temperature here is down to 73 F...my shorty wetsuit helps but it's still chilly in the water...


I have a little dive lined up this weekend...it turns out that Venice, Florida is the fossil shark tooth capital of the world...I'm hoping to find some six inch megalodon shark teeth I can string on a necklace and send to my youngest male grandchildren.


So...Veteran's day has come and gone...I'd like to thank myself for my Vietnam service...



I have another week long dive trip lined up on November 29th with two buddies on Blackbeard Cruises. It's a 60 foot live aboard sailboat that allows 20 or more very interesting day and night dives in the Bahamas. Food and rum are included in the price...Here is Mrs. Phred  bravely diving with me on Blackbeard's more than 20 years ago...she has retired her wetsuit...


Whoever loved, that loved not at first sight?....
Christopher Marlowe


On one of my many Blackbeard Cruises they ran aground...I watched while the boat dragged anchor at dawn and ran aground hard at high tide...we spent the day on the beach waiting for the tide to return...The boat turned it's side... They have three boats that you can tell apart by the color of the Biminis...



Hey little girl...going my way?



No comments:

Post a Comment