Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Marquette, Michigan

Marquette is a very nice little city on the upper Michigan peninsula. They have lots of public tennis courts. My scores are improving. Mostly 6-3. I am trying to carefully place my shots rather than knock them out of the park and losing less points by not hitting stuff out of bounds.



They have bicycle trails all over the place. We cruised around on our bikes for several hours after playing tennis. I got into one downhill deal where I was worried about hitting a tree with my head. Many bikers up here wear helmets. I'm tired of taking pictures after six years of traveling and 30,000 shots of America. I'm tired of blogging. I'm tired of traveling. Maybe I'll work on a Masters degree in Taxation or Astronomy. Maybe I'll buy a house or two and fix them up to rent out?



Marquette seems to be economically driven by the University of Northern Michigan during the school year and by tourism in the summer. I could live here in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Rocky Horror! What a great movie..... Bandit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Firecloud, is that you in the first picture with the bike going down hill fast? You da MAN.......

    ReplyDelete