Search This Blog

Saturday 8 May 2010

What Does It Matter Where People Go?

Wake Forest, North Carolina

Why am I here? Where will I go? How did I get here? This is not my beautiful house, this is not my beautiful wife....

I've been hanging around to accomplish some things for my son. With seven kids (including a newborn), he probably deserves some help now and then. I finished painting and caulking the new playhouse; got two lawnmowers, two weed wackers and a chainsaw running and spent a day cleaning up construction debris from the house addition.

I could stay and organize his new garage and build shelves, but that would be a project too far...

Mrs. Phred is VERY eager to start our summer trip. I've been putting her off day by day to finish projects. I have no idea which way to go...maybe it will come to me in the morning

Start your engines, gentlemen..
Round 'em up...Move 'em out...
Walk me out in the morning dew, my baby...

If you were a bird, and lived on high,
You'd lean on the wind when the wind came by,
You'd say to the wind when it took you away:
"That's where I wanted to go today!"

Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow -
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

- A.A. Milne


No comments:

Post a Comment