Watkins Glen, New York
We only have the satellite TV reception so Mrs. Phred can watch Nadal on the tennis channel. He came out in Madrid with new blue plaid shorts and now all the men tennis stars are wearing identical shorts. That boy can move some product.
We're at the south tip of Seneca Lake. Our RV Park has two tennis courts, a skating rink and a little league baseball field. Grapes are starting to grow on the fences. Our scores today were the usual 6-1, 6-1. Maybe I'll go to the Wal-Mart next door and look for some new plaid tennis shorts?
This is our 4th day here. So far we've:
- Walked the 1.5 mile gorge (both ways).
- Ridden our bikes around town.
- Had a cookout with Danny and Doris.
- Hit Wegman's for food and Border's for books.
- Cruised the lake shores looking at barns and wineries.
- Walked from Treman's park to the site of Uncle Everett's old house. All that's left now is an old pine tree that I recognize from 60 years ago. It's grown. All the apple trees and the house have been removed to make room for a city bus depot. It was a strange feeling.