Search This Blog

Thursday 16 March 2017

Epiphanies I have Known



Definition of epiphany:

  1. 1. January 6:  observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ

  1. 2:  an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being
  2. 3a (1) :  a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something (2) :  an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) :  an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosureb :  a revealing scene or moment.
So, my first epiphany was 1965, 52 years ago. I parked my new British Green TR4-A convertible on Sausalito Beach in San Francisco and walked hand-in-hand with Mrs. Phred in the sunshine along the beach. She was 21 and a beauty and we were in love. Suddenly it came to me, like a diamond in the brain.."life will never be better than this".

My second lifetime epiphany came to me today at the Sun-N-Fun bar. I was using the Iphone to listen to the Led Zeppelin channel on Jango (Led Zeppelin. Queen, Hendrix, etc.), taking pictures of my drink, ordering replacement New Balance 623 size 12 tennis shoes from Amazon, reading financial analyses about common stocks, sending out disparaging e-mails about the Trumpster and reading Kindle books while knocking back too much dark rum. 

It came to me like a second diamond to the brain....Steve Jobs, so far, is the greatest innovator of the 21st century and perhaps  has outstripped Robert Oppenheimer (who merely oversaw the invention of the atomic bomb in the 20th) in importance. Of course, Nikola Tesla of the 19th century overshadows them both IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment