Search This Blog

Thursday 30 July 2015

Goodbye Alaska, Hello Seattle

Blog Number 1,001

Ok...so I didn't retire after the 1,000th blog after all.....There was such an outcry from my loyal readers that I feel obligated to continue....I call this picture "seals on the rocks"....


 This is a tidewater glacier...the other types are alpine glaciers and I forget the 3rd type.


 We kayaked in this mess a few years ago...


 We saw a lot of Orcas in Prince William Sound.


 Nothing special here..just more scenery...


 They say that sea otters have about 1,000,000 hair per square inch...they used to make good hats until they became endangered...now they're all over...


 Caribou are called reindeer when they are domesticated...you can't buy caribou meat, but reindeer sausage is ubiquitous in Alaska....I beat Mrs. Phred playing scrabble last night by two points...it's not all skill...the luck of the draw plays a factor...


 Brown bear in Denali...we saw 12 bears...our bus driver kept up a constant patter although the website promised that the 14 hour trip would not be narrated...it was obvious from the way that she yelled at the passengers that she spent the winters as a school bus driver.


Sue and Les look at bear photos on the bus.


 These two moose (mooses?) locked horns and left their skulls behind.


Sheep in Denali.


Sue and Les say goodbye in the Anchorage airport. I had two pomegranate mojitos...the tab for those was $30...my dad always told me to get a price first...


 The whole crew preparing for a raft trip on the Kenai River.


No comments:

Post a Comment