Search This Blog

Friday 2 September 2011

Ecclesiates 8:15

Kingston, Ontario

We took a pair of ferries north to Kingston today. I got a haircut, some used books and a Canadian Beer that cost $6.20 plus tip.


Between the ferries is Wolfe Island, which had hundreds of windmills to catch the breeze off Lake Ontario. My barber moved here in 1963 from Greece. He suggested Steam Whistle as a good Canadian beer.


My cousin's wife, Midge,  gave me a nice reference bible back in Watkins Glen. I think maybe that it has something for everyone. It's a very strange, ancient and interesting book. I plan to read the whole thing....


I was especially  interested in Ecclesiates 8:15. " ..A man has no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry; for that will abide with him of his labor the days of his life...


Then I found Ecclesiates 9:7. " Go thy way. Eat thy bread with joy and drink thy wine with a merry heart..." and Ecclesiates 9:9. " Live joyfully with the wife whom thy lovest ..." Cool stuff... great advice...I'll read more...


No comments:

Post a Comment