Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Another Perfect Day

Up at 4 AM to check E-mail,  delete spam and dress....a drive to the gym at 5 :30 to do ten repetitions of weight lifts on five weight machines..... I go  around the machines three times and wipe down whatever was touched.... I have the place to myself....skipped the pool today...


At 8:30 I play two sets of tennis with Mrs. Phred....  The scores are 6-0, 6-1....Tomorrow I am sure i will finally win a set.... We play on a public hard court. ...I  figured out how to reserve a clay court at the country club and put in a request for a court next Tuesday and Thursday....we'll see...


Then on to an AA meeting at 11....during the drive there "Dear Prudence" by the Grateful Dead comes up on the phone and plays over the car radio....I turn it all the way up.....Later I play the 11:41 minute version 5 more times...brilliance ...We went to a free concert by Jerry in 1966 at the Golden Gate park in San Francisco...Timothy Leary was there too...and the Hell's Angels...Love was in the air...it was a wave of drugs and love that broke somewhere on the mountains to the east a few years later....we all became teachers, cops, CPAs and stockbrokers....and grandparents....


I haven't had any alcohol for five months...I wake up early these days feeling charged...my weight has dropped 20 pounds and my doctor took me off three of my blood pressure medications...I'm in a cloud of feelgood...


Back home I made a big pot of chili....I like to add a bottle of picante sauce, two pounds of ground Italian Sausage, two chopped and sauteed onions, three cans of kidney beans and three cans of diced tomatoes....good stuff....you can do the picante and sausage hot or mild....I do mild for Mrs. Phred.


Later I write this blog and listen to more Jerry Garcia on Amazon Prime Music....saw three Amazon delivery vans being trucked down I-95 on the 11 hour drive from Raleigh to Sarasota yesterday...what a Juggernaut ....could it become a singularity?


Tonight we'll watch 4 or 5 episodes from the 1995 season of NYPD Blue...the World Trade Center Towers are still there...police brutality and compassion go hand in hand on the series...it lasts 12 years...


What a day....perfect...




....

No comments:

Post a Comment