Search This Blog

Friday 23 August 2013

Wendover, Nevada

The Bonneville Salt Flats is one of the few places where you can see the curvature of the Earth. They're setting up on six foot poles six miles away for the motorcycle runs tomorrow and they are below the horizon...they expect to challenge 400 MPH in the morning....


It's good to see my brother once again.....he deals Texas Hold 'Em at the Nugget starting at 2AM...I ask him to teach me but the game doesn't seem to do much for me....My camera roll still has a few plant pictures from the morning walks in Red Deer, Alberta.


The B-29s of  the 509th composite bomb group trained here prior to the Hiroshima mission. The barracks have seen better days.


More Red Deer pictures.


This is the site of the beginning of the Atomic Age.


Red Deer morning walk....


Phred in Idaho Falls, Idaho....I saw the falls at dawn, but forgot my camera...so use your imagination...


On the road to Wendover...


Wendover at dawn....


The Enola Gay...

Mr. & Mrs. Phred at the salt flats...


Wendover at dawn...We have breakfast in the Red Garter....


No comments:

Post a Comment